Three Bean Turkey Chili
November 29, 2018
Game on! Football season is getting down to the nitty gritty and VINCENT COUNTRY is all in. It is the perfect time to whip up Chef Tommi V.’s monster pot of chili. It yields enough for a game day party, or you can break it down into batches of three and freeze in ziplocks.
Chili is a pot of comfort kicked up a notch with a little heat. In VINCENT COUNTRY we always have a signature way of doing things, and it is no different with how we chow down on our chili. Indulge us and eat your chili the VINCENT COUNTRY way. (NOTE: cornbread recipe under food tab of BLOG)
We must not forget GO BUCKS!
- 3 pounds ground turkey
- 1 red pepper, medium diced
- 1 green pepper, medium diced
- 1 onion, medium diced
- ½ jalapeño pepper, minced
- 4 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 tablespoons cornmeal
- 2 teaspoons salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 – 1 lbs. 13 oz. can black beans, drained
- 1 – 2 lbs. 8.5 oz. can light kidney beans, drained
- 2 – 15.5 oz. can pinto beans, drained
- 1 –26.46 oz. strained tomatoes (Pomí preferred brand), 1 large can of tomato sauce may substitute
- 1 –26.26 oz. chopped tomatoes (Pomí preferred brand), 1 large can of diced tomatoes may substitute
- 3 heaping tablespoons of fresh cilantro, finely chopped
Add 2 tablespoons of olive oil to a stockpot, add ground turkey and cook completely on medium-high heat. Add red peppers, green peppers, onions, and jalapeño.
Add 2 tablespoons olive oil and cornmeal, stir. Cornmeal will assist in thickening the chili.
Add salt, pepper, chili powder and cumin, stir.
Add black, kidney, and pinto beans, tomato sauce and chopped tomatoes.
Add cilantro. Taste to see if you need to add additional salt. Let cook for 30 minutes on medium heat to meld all of the flavors together.